Age of Sail Naval Non-Fiction
As well as the many fiction books that are written about life in Nelson’s navy and the age of sail, there are also many factual books. These give an insight into the equipment and how it was used and into the lives of the officers and seamen. As well as the general ones, some are written as companions to the fiction series and some are written by fiction authors. These may be of interest to naval fiction fans so I am adding them to this index. If you are interested in purchasing any, and direct links are not provided from the book, please visit and search the online stores.
The listings are in sub-sections to make it easier to find books that may be of interest to you.
- Battles - Books which discuss particular fleet battles or ship engagements during the Age of Sail.
- Biographical - Biographies of specific officers, discussion of a particular officers tactics or battles, etc during the Age of Sail.
- Famous Ships - Books which are about specific famous ships from the Age of Sail.
- Ships & Design - Books which discuss the design of naval vessels during the Age of Sail.
- General - Other Non-Fiction books about the Navies of the world during the Age of Sail.
You can also view a list of authors for the genre.