Now That You Asked... Nelson’s Navy starts with a tour of a 74-gun ship-of-the-line; and details what life was like for her officers and men.
- How were the ships designed?
- How were the guns made?
- How was a gun loaded and fired?
- What were the duties of a captain?
- Did the young midshipmen have to go to school?
- What was a quartermaster and what did he do?
- How was order kept on a ship?
- How was food prepared?
Over 170 specific questions are asked and answered.
This is a “must read” book for anyone interested in nautical fiction, or in understanding the ships and men of the Age of Sail.
Author: John Masefield - Adapted by Tom Grundner
Title: Now That You Asked: Nelson's Navy
First Published by: Fireship Press
Date: 29 October 2007